Best Birthday Gifts to Get Your Kids Outdoors
If your child’s birthday is coming up, you will have, no doubt, been bombarded with a list of the different gifts they want. When buying presents for your little one, you should see this as an opportunity to buy something that they will love while also choosing something that can benefit their health and well being. With so many children spending their days indoors on video games these days, opting for toys that encourage them to play outdoors is a great place to start. Here are some suggestions:
- Drone – There is only one place to start, and this is with drones for kids. This is a gift that your kid is guaranteed to love. However, there are a lot of benefits associated with flying a drone as well. Of course, this will get your child outside, ensuring they get fresh air in their lungs and enjoy the benefits of being outdoors. Not only this, but flying a drone involves an amazing mix of spatial problem-solving skills and fine motor skills, helping your child’s development.
- Powered rides – We could not put this list together without mentioning some sort of powered ride. There are so many different options available at toy stores today, from formula 1 cars to fire trucks. If your child is young, you don’t have to worry about their birthday resulting in a trip to A&E, as there are plenty of rides that do not have any batteries, gears, or pedals, making them much easier to use and control.
- Zip line kit – Zip line kits are super cool, and you can rest assured that your child will want to be outside all of the time once you have put up the zip line in your garden.
- Scooter – Of course, we had to include the classic scooter. A scooter seems to be a staple in most kids’ childhoods. Not only will a scooter provide your kid with a lot of fun, but also there are many benefits associated with this outdoor toy. Firstly, once your child gets better and better at riding their scooter, their confidence will increase, and this is something they will carry with them into other walks of their life. Riding a scooter can also boost concentration and help your kid with their hand to eye coordination.
- Playhouse – Most kids love engaging in role-play, and they will be over the moon with their very own playhouse. Set this up outside, and you can ensure that your child will make more use of the garden than ever before. Top quality playhouses can be expensive, so why not have a go at making your own? Your next weekend project is sorted!
This merely scratches the surface of the different types of outdoor toys that are available for kids today, encouraging them to get outside, exercise, and breathe in the fresh air. The benefits of this cannot be underestimated. Put a smile on your child’s face while ensuring they are healthy and developing crucial skills – what could be better?